RDP Server, or Microsoft Windows Server OS, is a series of Enterprise-class server operating systems designed to share services with multiple users and extensive control over data storage, applications, and shared networks. One of the most common and convenient ways to connect to a Windows server is to use Remote Desktop Connection or Admin RDP. This article is about What is RDP Server and How to can connect to Admin RDP. You can connect to a remote computer or Windows server using the RDP admin over the Internet or over a local area network. RDP gives users full access to the tools and software installed on the windows server.
What is RDP Server?
RDP Servers are versions of Microsoft Windows operating systems that are specifically designed to be installed and run on servers. Due to the fact that organizations, offices, and many companies have large or medium-sized computer networks, they use servers. These servers have to service and manage hundreds and sometimes thousands of computers. Therefore, the operating system that is installed on these servers must have the necessary facilities and capabilities to manage the network and respond to it.
RDP Server or Windows Server is mainly using in business and enterprise suites. The appearance of Windows Server may not be much different from regular Windows of the same age. Because the programming foundation of both types of Windows is common, many of their capabilities are common. Because of this, programs such as web browsers and image editors can be downloaded and installed on both types of Windows. Even their desktop environment, including the taskbar, start button, and page layout, is similar, and native Windows applications such as Notepad can be seen on Windows Server. But there are many differences between a normal Windows application and a Windows server.
What does RDP Server do?
Because RDP Server is designed for large businesses and enterprise environments, it has a variety of enterprise software. Some of the features of Windows Server for this purpose are:
1. Active Directory: Active Directory is one of the most important features of Windows Server, consisting of several different services that are used to manage computers and other networked equipment. The network administrator uses Active Directory to create domains and users on the network and grant them various permissions.
2. Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): DHCP automatically assigns a unique IP address to each network-connected device. DHCP facilitates and accelerates addressing of network nodes and avoids problems such as duplicate IP address allocation.
3. File Server: A file Server can consider as a centralized storage system that can be accessed by multiple systems and network users. Large companies and organizations usually need this feature, so this possibility is anticipated in Windows Server. Users with related work tasks can share their files on the network using File Server if they have the relevant permissions.
Advantages of RDP Server
RDP Server, or Windows Server operating system, was added to the Microsoft Windows family in 2000 and was particularly popular from the beginning. Numerous roles and features of the Windows Server operating system were very useful for network administrators in setting up service and network control, and this was the reason for its increasing popularity.
Some of the roles of the Windows Server operating system are:
1. Active Directory Certificate Services
2. Active Directory Domain Services
3. Active Directory Federation Services
4. Active Directory Rights Management Services
5. File and Storage Services
7. Remote Desktop Services
8. Web Server IIS
9. Windows Deployment Services
Today, with the development of the network world, many roles and features have been added to the RDP server operating system, each of which has its own important and unique capabilities.
How to Connect to Admin RDP
In the first stage, you should type the phrase remote desktop in the search section of the taskbar menu. Then you see Remote Desktop Connection as one of the options, select it.
Then in the Remote Desktop Connection window, you need to enter the destination IP address and then click connect.