In this article, we are going to teach How to Install Zoom on Debian 11.0. Zoom company was founded in 2011 and this application focuses specifically on holding sessions. With the help of this application, in addition to audio and video communication with other members of the group, you can also record your meetings and webinars to watch them again later.
Zoom is an application that allows you to make video calls in a very simple way with a few clicks. The Zoom platform helps businesses and organizations assemble their teams in a friction-free environment to do more. The Zoom session is used to hold video conferencing, allowing participants to easily join the session. It should be noted that you don’t need an account to use this part of the application, so you can even communicate with your customers this way.
You can use your video conferencing camera, webcam, or mobile camera to attend those meetings. This software is based on easy and reliable cloud infrastructure. It can run video, audio, content sharing, and chat on mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Zoom is headquartered in San Jose, California, USA.
1. Record and play audio and video in HD: supports up to 1000 video and 49 on-screen participants and plays HD videos and audio.
2. Use a tool to engage more with participants: Attendees can share their screen with others at the same time and have a more interactive session.
3. Safe meeting for everyone: Zoom with encryption for all sessions, set the access level for participants, password protection, waiting room for attendees in the waiting area are some of its security features.
4. Ability to record images and transcripts: You can save your sessions locally or on cloud infrastructure and be easily searchable.
5. Efficient Calendar: Supports scheduling or starting meetings with Outlook, Gmail, or iCal features.
6. Group chat: Chat with groups, search history, integrated file sharing, and a 10-year archive are other zoom features.
7. Webinar participants: Online event hosts can have up to 100 attendees and fully interactive videos, and 100 to 10000 participants in each program can only watch.
8. Increase Productivity: Virtual meetings greatly reduce travel costs.
9. Class management by the instructor: One of the good things about the Zoom application is that if the participant or student shrinks their page, the instructor will notice and can point.
10. Change the background of the instructor and presenter: One of the interesting features of this software is changing the background of the instructor while playing their video, and the instructor can use the default photos or photos of their choice for the background while talking.
Prerequisites to Install Zoom on Debian 11.0
Before doing anything, you must have the following prerequisites:
_ Debian 11 Bullseye
_ A user account with Sudo privileges or root access
How to Install Zoom on Debian 11
First, you must update Debian 11 linux vps operating system with the following command:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
Next, you should install the WGET package because in this article the wget package is used to load the GPG key. Note that Debian 11 is usually installed by default, but you can confirm it with the following command:
If WGET is already installed on your system, you will receive the following output:
GNU Wget 1.21 built on linux-gnu.
If you haven’t installed wget, you can install it with the following command:
sudo apt install wget -y
Now you can install zoom. Since Zoom isn’t open-source, it doesn’t exist in Debian repositories by default. So you should download and install Zoom from Zoom’s download page.
You can download Zoom by entering the following command:
After the download is complete, enter the package by entering the following command:
sudo apt install ./zoom_amd64.deb
Then, you must type Y and then press ENTER key to continue the installation.
If you encounter dependency problems after installation, you can run the following command to fix them:
apt install -f
Of course, it should be noted that you can launch Zoom in different ways. One of the most common is to download the Zoom app from the Internet. Also, Zoom will be launched from the Debian terminal:
To launch Zoom to use in the background of your current terminal, enter the following command:
How to access Zoom on Debian 11.0
You should click on the show application to access this app and then scroll down to find the Zoom icon. Then click on it and open it. Also, you can launch the Zoom client from the command line.
How to Uninstall Zoom on Debian 11.0
You can uninstall Zoom by entering the following command:
sudo apt autoremove zoom
The following packages will be REMOVED: libegl1-mesa libxcb-xinerama0 libxcb-xtest0 zoom 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 0 not upgraded. After this operation, 250 MB disk space will be freed. Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Now type Y to continue uninstalling and then press ENTER key.
Zoom is an alternative to operating systems such as Skype. This article teaches you how to install Zoom on Debian 11.0 using various options. Continuation of the article explained how to uninstall the Zoom application. I hope this article was useful for you.