Opera Browser is a web browser that delivers fresh and clean results that can replace other Internet browsers. If you are unhappy with your current browser, Opera is a good alternative. Opera browser offers free services and can be found on any device. In this article, we will teach you How to install Opera Browser on Ubuntu 21.04. You can also see and purchase our Linux VPS packages. be with us.
Install Opera Browser on Ubuntu Linux Step By Step
Introduction to Opera Browser
Opera Browser is a free, web-based web browser with about 2% of Internet users developed by Opera Software. Opera browser has strong support for its users and has a more beautiful and pleasant appearance than other web browsers. The first version of the Opera browser was released in 1995. On April 12, 2016, the company unveiled the latest version of the Opera browser. Opera browser released for Android, Windows, Mac iOS, and Linux operating systems. This program is written in C ++ language and uses a blinking engine.
Opera Browser Features
– Fast loading of web pages
– Tab Browsing feature
– Speed Dial display to display a layout of bookmarks
– Download Powerful Manager
– Very high speed in uploading photos
– Additional features such as weather display, beautiful clocks
– Mail and Chat on the Opera site
– pop-up blocking to get rid of annoying pop-up windows
– Support for downloading files larger than 4 GB
– Full support for all web page formats such as PHP, Asp, and HTML
– Support for different languages
– Support for most existing plugins such as Windows Media Player
– FTP PASV bug fixes
– Improved communication with Flickr’s services
– Ability to display videos on the YouTube site in FullScreen mode
– Ability to download Torrent in the BitTorrent section
– Full coordination with most download management software
– High security in protecting users’ personal passwords
– Very beautiful skins for different tastes
– Compatible with various versions of the popular Microsoft Windows operating system
Prerequisites to Install Opera Browser on Ubuntu 21.04
Before installing Opera Browser, you must provide its prerequisites:
– Ubuntu 21.04 System
– Shell access to the system with a Sudo privileged user
How to Install Opera Browser on Ubuntu 21.04
You can install Opera in one of two methods.
The first method is to install Opera using PPA. This method uses the office apt repository.
First, you must open the terminal using CTRL+ALT+T. Then enter the GPG key into your system by running the following command:
wget -qO- https://deb.opera.com/archive.key | sudo apt-key add -
In this step, you should create an apt configuration file that references the official repository of Opera Debian packages for the stable version. You can create Opera PPA by entering the following command:
echo deb https://deb.opera.com/opera-stable/ stable non-free | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/opera.list
Before installing Opera, you must update the apt cache using the following command:
sudo apt update
Now you can install Opera on your system with the following command:
sudo apt install opera-stable
After installing Opera, you must press “y” to confirm prompted by the installer.
The second method is to install Opera using Snap. Because Snapd is installed on Ubuntu focal systems by default, if you want to install the snap package instead, just open the terminal and enter the following command:
sudo snap install opera
If you receive the following message, your installation has been completed successfully.
opera 73.0.3856.284 from Opera (opera-software*) installed
How to Launch Opera Browser on Ubuntu 21.04
To do this, you must either click on the super key on your keyboard or click on the show applications icon in the bottom left pane of the screen. Search for Opera in the Activities section, which shows you Opera launcher.
Now to start the program just click the Opera launcher icon.
If you installed Opera via the PPA method, use the following commands to update it:
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
The Opera installed with the Snap package method is auto-updated in the background.
How to Uninstall Opera Browser from Ubuntu
Depending on how you install Opera, you can remove Opera with one of the following two methods.
If you installed Opera with the snap package, enter the following command to remove it:
sudo snap remove opera
To remove Opera installed with Debian, enter the following command:
sudo apt remove opera-stable
In this article, we introduced Opera Browser and listed its features. In the continuation of the article, we taught you how to install Opera Browser on Ubuntu 21.04. With our step-by-step tutorial, you can easily install Opera Browser.